Sunday 16 March 2014

Words to live by ...

... another weekly challenge over at UKS and a bit of a pick and mix:

A - Sport - Inspired by the Cheltenham Cup
B - Charity - Inspired by Ovarian Cancer Awareness Month
C - Lifestyle - Inspired by National Veggie Month (Vegetarian)

and to include the following on the LO:
1) Doodling
2) Ribbon, lace or washi tape
3) Brads, eyelets or buttons
4) Altered flowers - eg punched/cut from PP/inked/handmade/made into something else

I knew straight away that I wanted to document my new 'hobby' of running. In a bid to keep fit and get more exercise I encouraged lots of my colleagues at easyfundraising to sign up for X-Runner.co.uk extreme obstacle race last October.

As a complete novice I downloaded a Couch 2 10K app and in February I managed to run 5K non-stop which I was so pleased with.

Sadly though a couple of weeks ago I sprained my foot and with only 2 weeks to go to the race I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a speedy recovery.

I've combine this challenge with Stuck? Sketches (however I didn't manage the flower!) and the colour combo was inspired by Leo's page on Quirky Kits Blog

14 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow this is so fantastic, love the page and the subject matter! Just terrific! Thanks for joining us at Stuck?!

Anonymous said...

I have my fingers crossed for your recovery. I think we will be lucky to make the 3 mile walk next weekend for Sport Relief.
Great LO - I'm getting into these Stuck?! myself and have my version of this one ready to post - just not sure when!!

furrypig said...

love your page and love your determination to complete that race... good luck..... though I will still miss you lots and wish you were sat next to me scrapping! xxx

Unknown said...

interesting subject and pics you have scrapped....thanks for playing along at STUCK

Abi said...

I love the grey striped paper. Hope you recover quickly!

Sheena said...

Great page documenting your new hobby & progress x

Lucia said...

just a perfect page! love every detail! thank you for joining us at stuck?! x

alexa said...

What a super page - love your design and all the strips of interesting paper round about. What a great achievement so far, and hoping that injury heals in time.

Alison said...

Love the page, Fay....and hope the injury is healing well!
Alison xx

li-bee-ti said...

Beautiful page! love the doodling on as framing of the papers. great colors. Thank you for playing with us at Stuck?! (we'd love if you can leave a link to our blog).

Tracy P said...

Love your paper choices and your background splatters are a great touch. Nice job on the sketch. Thanks for joining in with us at Stuck?!

Jimjams said...

Gorgeous vibrant stylish page Fay. Fingers crossed for your foot and the race ... or should that be toes?

Christa said...

I love your layout! The colours are so awesome and the photos a perfect foundation for this part of your life!Thanks for sharing at Stuck!

Leslie Germain said...

Love your take on the sketch!! Great layout and colors. It caught my eye on Stuck and I had to stop by.
Leslie
www.thememorynest.blogspot.com