Sunday 16 February 2014

Why does a tidy up ...

... invariably mean a new mess is going to be created?

My fabric stash has been creating a bit of a pile in the corner as the boxes they live in have fallen apart. So after a trip to Ikea I set about sorting the material all out into boxes. I now have a good box of scraps that the girls can help themselves too without asking! FQs, dress and furnishing fabrics all have a box each too.


With that sorted I decided I wanted to make a new work dress. I didn't have one particular pattern that I wanted to use, but was sure that I could mash one together from two patterns - and hence the new mess created with bits of tissue paper everywhere. As there's alterations involved I'm going to make up a muslin whilst looking for some fabric - no I don''t have anything 'perfect' in my stash!!

And another page to share - this was a colour challenge for the UKS Monthly challenge which I used a Stuck? sketch for. Made using the Quirky kit that arrived on Friday :)


Right better clear up my scrapping space now!


6 comments:

Unknown said...

Such a pretty take on the sketch, so fresh and I love the sprinkly bits! Thanks for playing along with Stuck?!

Tracy P said...

Love it! Awesome color combo, perfect for your photo. Great layering and love your touch with the corner stitching. Great take on the sketch. Thanks for joining in with us Stuck?!

Lucia said...

great page! love the colors and the silver bits are just PERFECT!!! thank you for playing along at stuck?! x

furrypig said...

that looks a typical Fay page too I think... love it!

li-bee-ti said...

Great colors and I love the flowery paper. I also love the envelope and the frame.
Thank you for playing with us at Stuck?!.

Anonymous said...

Lovely page. Congrats on the share on Stuck!