Friday 28 February 2014

Not quite what I planned in my head ...

... I've been waiting for the March Scrap365 sketch challenge to go live since I saw it in the mag last month. It looked like just my sort of sketch.


But when I started to actually make a page it just didn't come together well. All sorts of paper combinations were discarded, and after pulling apart the page, I finally finished by sticking with papers from the same range (Crate Paper Flea Market, from Nov/Dec Quirky Kits). It ended up better than I thought it would at one point, interesting how the design process works sometimes!


I've shifted the sketch around a bit, but think you can still see the main elements of it.

11 comments:

Sheena said...

Great interpretation of this sketch Fay.
Lovely relaxed pic of you.
Let me know when you are free to meet & scrap xxx

scrappyjacky said...

Love the page....I often find myself getting frustrated because a page is just not coming together as I imagined!!

Anonymous said...

That sketch is on my 'to scrap' list too but I'm just not feeling the love with the papers I have to hand. Just waiting for tomorrow's reveal of the counterfeit kit to see whether it will help.

furrypig said...

so glad your page worked out so well in the end though sounds like a frustrating process!!

Jimjams said...

Sometimes I want to use a particular sketch and the photos/PPs just won't let me! I tried to use that sketch this w/e and failed. Well done for persevering - love those buttons!

Terhi Koskinen said...

Lovely take on our sketch!
Love the colors here.
Thank you for playing along with us at Scrap365! <3

Fearless said...

i really like the contrast you made using dark and light papers!
thanks for playing along with us at Scrap 365 <3
hugs xxx
SandraP

Bellaidea said...

Cute page! Thank you for joining Scrap 365 sketch challenge this month!

Ольга Васильева said...

Very beautiful! Thank you so much for playing with us at Scrap365!!

Jennifer Grace said...

This is gorgeous Fay, it's lovely to see you playing along at Scrap365! It looks like that was the perfect way to spend your birthday! I love the hearts and stars on your background. x

Riikka Kovasin said...

Fantastic page! I loooove your mix of papers!