Wednesday 29 May 2013

A bit more sewing ....

... I'm still here! Busy sewing, working, being ill and spending some family time in the Lakes (where we saw sunshine - I promise!!) Thought I'd share some clothes I've made for Mia recently. She really wanted a maxi dress, so following Flossie Teacakes shirring tutorial I self drafted this dress (well tube really that I flared out to the bottom), so easy to do and planning more tops, dresses and skirts.


Making clothes up til now has just been a case of finding the right age on the instructions and then cutting out the fabric, but I'm finding that as the girls are older and different shapes, and making clothes for myself that I need to pay more attention to body measurements and making up a toile where necessary.

Mia's next outfit is proof of this - a self drafted peasant top that's a little short and shorts (Burda Kids 9467) that are a little tight. I've redrafted the top and made another one for Lily. The shorts were super-simple so plan to make another pair probably a couple sizes bigger and making sure I catch all the bias binding this time!

When I get decent photos I'll share the dresses I've made for Lily and myself.
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

Love the maxi dress...so pretty...she looks lovely in it.

K said...

I am sooooooo impressed Fay, all 3 are fab garments, absolutely gorgeous.

Lou said...

Fay...you are just too good. Lovely items, I agree with Jacky your daughter looks beautiful in her dress x

Abi said...

These are amazing! She looks lovely.

alexa said...

Aren't these lovely? Your shirring skills are second to none . it sorry to hear you are I'll and hope you will be feeling better very soon ...

Sheena said...

Wow haven't you been busy.
I love the maxi dress, heres hoping for lots more sunny weather :)

Alison said...

You have indeed been busy, Fay...I especially love that maxi dress!
Alison xx

Anonymous said...

Do this repeatedly and gradually increase your pace as you get the chance to see photographs of models that have not been without my Buf-Puf Facial Sponge.

This enables the cells to eliminate toxins,
wastes, fat and fluids by both direct manipulation and
the action of the oils as they are absorbed.

Have a look at my web page - killer deal