Saturday 6 April 2013

A bit of masking and misting ...

... this week's challenge on UKS was to use a sketch, misting, masking and washi tape.

I had bought a new mask at Hobbycrafts NEC and with some new Simple Stories Vintage papers I sat down to play.

4 sheets of white cardstock later I was finally happy-iash with my background. I'm not used to such precise masking and kept getting splodges everywhere, I've definitely learnt lots in the process.


I'm after more mists - what would you recommend? What are your perfect colours??

PS - Thanks to Alison and Lesley for taking part in my PIF.

7 comments:

K said...

Love it Fay, you have such an eye for layouts & colours **goes green with jealousy** ;)

Julie J said...

It's turned out beautifully

Alison said...

Fab layout, Faye...the masking looks pretty good to me!
Alison xx

lisa said...

Fay, the girls are looking so grown up. Is that your sister in the middle?
I really recommend Maya Road Mists. They are my faves x

alexa said...

Beautifully out together - anyone would think you had even doing this forever!

Lesley G said...

Great layout, love that mask - I'm a bit of a mask hoarder at the moment!
Thank you for letting me be part of your PIF :)

Sarah said...

I love how you've used the mask on this layout, it looks fab! Love the papers too ... I have those ... somewhere!! I use Mister Hueys for misting! x