Wednesday 30 November 2011

Book advent ...

... I think counting down to the big day is one of my favourite parts of the holiday season. In the past I've made and advent calender tree and an advent activity calender.

This year I've been taken with the idea of a book advent - reading a Christmassy book every day. I went through the girls' collection and found about 6 appropriate books, so a quick shop on ebay resulted in a few more and a trip to the library has got me to 23 (still waiting for another from the library).

I'm going to wrap them up and number them (library books first!). I was hoping to find some brown paper bags, but no joy at short notice, I could leave them unwrapped but then discovering which book is half the fun.



I've also got a Playmobil calender for the first time and the obiligatory choccie calenders (I'm sorry but I think they're a must!)



I'm not planning on a Xmas daily album this year, I've still got an uncompleted one from a couple of years ago and my Gratitude journal is untouched. I'm thinking I might get the girls to do a book review and maybe make that into a mini album instead.

4 comments:

Emma said...

Book reviews a great idea for a mini!

Lizzie said...

Great plan for advent. I would have lent you some lovely Christmassy books, if I had known. Still, you have your full set now - enjoy yourselves!
We have choccy advent calendars too - I buy the fairtrade ones, so I feel we're doing something worthwhile along with our chocolate scoffing!

HeARTworks said...

great idea about reading a Christmas book every day! A blessed Christmas to you and your family! Patsy from
HeARTworks

Debbie H said...

Such a lovely idea. I wish I'd thought of this when mine were younger.