Wednesday 12 January 2011

Inspiration ...

... I may not have made a lot recently, but I've lots of projects in mind from both books and things I've seen online. This is the little book collection I have amassed recently. I am loving Meet Me At Mikes for some whimsical makes and Lisa Lam's The Bag Making Bible not only has great ideas but lots of useful sewing tips. I've mentioned Flossie Teacake's patterns, but I've also bought a few from Virginia Lindsey , the notebook slipcovers made great Christmas presents.


The girl's both got a new rag doll for Xmas, and the pattern for those came from A Bit of Whimsy - meet Jane and Mae (can you tell which is which??!)


Do you have any fab sewing blogs that you read? Great crafty books?

1 comment:

Lizzie said...

What pretty rag-dolls! I love that fancy dress... Very elegant - and her sister is cute.

I have been buying books too. I need inspiration for a Sock Animals workshop day I'll be teaching to 9-16 year-olds in March.

Good luck with the projects!