Sunday 29 November 2009

Journal Your Xmas...

... so 2 days until Journal Your Xmas starts. This will be my third year and the least I have been prepared for it!

The first year I followed the prompts to the letter. The second year I journalled the day's activities first and used the prompts when there was nothing specific to record. This year I'm starting with the premise that I might not even journal every day, but if I do that's a bonus!!

I bought the November project kit from Scarlet Lime which mainly had Making Memories Mistletoe paper and embellies. These colours are more traditional than I would normally go for, but for ease of use decided to buy some more papers from the range and have added various other bits in - October Afternoon alphas, some ebay ribbon, red tags (think I bought them to use last year!) and some Paperchase felt sowflakes.
So yesterday I made this little tag using the Scarlet Lime project instructions (slightly adapted) to make a title for my as yet undecided album!

It was only today after a visit to Paperchase that I decided on my format - this A5 Kraft file folder plus black card and 6x4 photo pockets.
Last year I prepped all my pages beforehand, but seeing as though time is not on my side, I think I shall do the pages as I go along. I have managed to add the tag to the folder though.

Let the festivities commence!!

3 comments:

Claire said...

Oooh, I love this! Can't wait to see the rest of your album over december, I know it will be inspirational to my first jyc year!

sharyncarlson said...

Looks like a great bunch of supplies. Good luck with your album!!

♥ Audrey ♥ said...

Luv how you've done the cover. Looking forward to seeing the insides too!