Tuesday 4 December 2007

Day 4 - Time to Daydream

Today I was asked to daydream about my perfect xmas. I'm pretty lucky in that all of my xmas's have been pretty perfect in their own little way, so I took the opportunity to think about aspirational elements and took my photos from websites such as Country Living magazine.


The page is 6x12 folded to fit in my 8x8 covers, so there is a front and inside page to it.








I ran into a few problems today, which went against everything Shimelle had asked me NOT to do - get stressed. The layout took me much longer than I would have liked as I spent ages looking for photos on the internet, I re did some journaling and then spent ages trying to find a decent light in the house to take a photo by.


Lessons learnt - to stay away from the computer as much as possible when scrapping (I only end up messing about otherwise) and to take photos the following day if I haven't been able to complete the page before it gets dark.


Hope to do better tomorrow.

3 comments:

shimelle said...

your entry came out so pretty so i hope that makes up for the stress at least a little bit!!

i am with you on the computer only leading me to wasting time when i go to make stuff. i can say i'll be on there for five minutes and several hours later...ugh. i have made sure not to have a mobile phone that receives email for just this reason - i'd never get a darned thing done!

Laura said...

Gorgeous page! I love those AL tags, they are so fabulous!

I just can't believe you are such a newbie to scrapping when your pages are all so wonderful! Can't wait to see what else you create for this album!

Fay aka Beautifullily said...

I don't think I could have done this journal as easily if I hadn't just been on Shimelle's Album class - so thank you Shimelle!