Sunday 2 December 2007

Day 1 - Document your Manifesto

Well, it's Dec 1st (actually it's the 2nd, but I'm a day behind blogging!) and Shim's first prompt arrived in my mailbox at 8am.

The prompt was to get me to write an intro to my journal, a forward, a manifesto, a declaration as to why I have undertaken this project.

Although I was given a sample manifesto, I decided to use with the declaration from the 2006 class. It reads:
"Starting Dec 1st, I will keep a Christmas journal. In it, I will write something everyday to reflect on the holidays of my past, enjoy the holidays of the present and dream about the holidays of the future. To some this will be a stack of paper and scribbles, but not to me. I am taking back my Christmas. I am letting it be something I relish and most importantly I am giving myself time everyday no matter how crazy this season becomes. I hope you will share, encourage and understand as I make something with my own hands, my own words and my memories."


No comments: